Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DC

Things I love about DC:
Walking- so many people walk. Walk to work, walk to grocery shop, walk to go out to eat. You’re never alone because someone is always walking right next to you! So neat. I think tomorrow I’ll start talking to someone cute as we walk so we can pretend we’ve been best friends forever and just happen to be walking in the same direction.
Grocery shopping in business suits- It is quite difficult to find a grocery store in the city, but there is a little (and I mean little) Trader Joes halfway underground on L and 25th. It’s more convenient to shop after work on your way home, so everyone is still dressed up buying all this organic food with their “green” shopping bags! I love it. I feel so grown up and healthy. After all I am 22 now!
Free entertainment- whenever I feel like it, I can walk into a museum, take a jog around the White House, see some historical monuments- my favorite being World War II and Lincoln. Sadly there is construction going on between the two, and the reflection pond is no longer so it’s not as peaceful as usual.
The Metro- amazing! Fast. Cool. Underground. Easy to use. Cheap. Safe-ish. Need I say anymore.
Happy Hour- yes I don’t drink, but I do eat ice cream…and Ben & Jerry’s have 3 scoops for $3 during happy hour. That’s what I call true happiness!
The American Red Cross- the whole reason I have been so fortunate to come to Washington DC every summer the last three years. I love my job, I love what the company stands for, and I love Jen and Brian who I get to work with each day! The students this year were completely wonderful and I already miss everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment