Friday, January 28, 2011

Jan. Highlights

It's amazing January is already at it's end, but I'm not even surprised since so much has happened! So here's a little recap for you, although I don't think most of you care or want to know, but it helps me to keep track! So feel free to skip the words. haha
  • Packed 2 suit cases and moved across the country to Orlando, Florida. In my mind, I imagined the place to be really warm all the time, but boy was I mistaken! My 15 sundresses and swimsuits will have to wait to become useful. Until then, I wear the only jeans and jacket I brought pretty much everyday. Who knew?
  • God Lives! I think I prayed the entire plane ride that I would get to live in the new nice apartments (Patterson) and that I would get cool roommates...the risks you take when moving! My prayers were answered. I live in Patterson and I have 5 awesome roommates! Emily, Katelyn, Ashley, Megan, and my bed mate Jackie are great and our house is constantly laughing all through the night. I'm sure our neighbors (who I still haven't met) hate us, but at least we are having a grand ol' time, right?
  • I have finally finished about two weeks of intense training and I am now an official vacation planner at Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom! Today was my first official day. Because I am now a bus-rider, I get up at 5:30 to be at work by 7:30, but the great thing about that is it has led me to the discovery of one of my new favorite places. Each morning between 6 and 7am, there is a spot over this bridge in the park where hundreds of these white birds sit. The sun hasn't quite risen, no one is in the park, and the silence of nature makes this one of the most peaceful spots. They are gone by afternoon, but it is so cool to sit and watch them all. A perfect beginning to my day! 
  • Mormon's are everywhere, and I found them here! My new ward is awesome and growing rapidly with all the new College Program (CP's) kids. 
  • Ella has entered into my life! She is my grey pillow pet elephant and cuddles me all through the night!  
  • My parents have moved back to San Diego and are coming to visit me next week! I'm so excited to see them and plan their awesome vacation!
  • When I'm not working, I enjoy long walks through WDW 4 theme parks, romantic dinners Downtown, and crazy adventures usually with Katelyn, Ashley, Brad, and the randoms we meet along the way.


Walt: A man I would love to meet!

My favorite place in Animal Kingdom!
(The picture doesn't do it justice)

Favorite Show: Lion King. A must see if you visit!
The day I adopted Ella!
Katelyn, Ashley, and Me (and Brad taking pic)
at one of the funniest Monster's Inc. Show!

AAHHHH!!!! (Me, Ash, Katelyn)







3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun!!!! I am slightly jealous, although I did just get back from Hawaii, but now I'm back to the same old just working (a lot) and living life! I might have to get my mom to plan a trip out there in a while and you can be my ultimate park guide hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having fun! It looks like it :) Go VACATION PLANNER! woo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU!!!! Too bad I basically only see you like 2 days a week now!

    ReplyDelete