Monday, March 7, 2011

Guest Interactions

I am a vacation planner, meaning I sell park tickets at the front of Animal Kingdom. What makes my job awesome is the amazing people I work with and the random crazy guests I get at my window. Therefore, I will share a few of my favorite interactions with my guests.

1) More often than not, I have to ask for ID and not often at all do I get a license from Utah or California, so I get excited when I see them. Well, this one was from SLC, so of course I tell her I went to school there. Well long story short, the woman at my window is a professor at Westminster College! (where I went)
2) About once a day, I will get the rude, angry, unhappy guest that no matter what I do, will not make them happy! So this guy wanted to talk sports with me...teams that I had never heard of. Yeah I played volleyball and like being active, but I don't follow sports, athletes, or teams. So he keeps talking about some teams so I smile and nod. Then he says "you have no idea what I'm talking about do you?" This is when I do the nod that turns into a circular motion. He proceeds, "So what they say about dumb blondes is true." SO SORRY BUDDY! geez
3) One man had just gotten back from Afganistan, and drove the next day from Alabama to DisneyWorld. He had been gone for a year, is on leave for a week, and then goes back for who knows how long. He and his wife have a one year old daughter, which means he left when she was born. The story broke my heart, I wanted to give him a free vacation, if only I could have! So thank you to all that serve our country! Love you.
4) Then I get the cute kids! There were parents and a 6 year old boy! Or I guess I should say a boy and his dinosaur! There are a couple of holes in the window so we can hear each other, and this cute boy shoved his dinosaur into the peep-hole. He continued to roar and shake his dinosaur in my face for the entire transaction! His parents were so embarrassed that their son was being so funny, but I loved it! So then I grabbed his dinosaur and said, "I'm gonna take him!" He says, "No, you won't be able to cause I'm holding onto his TAIL!"
5) And now my favorite! I always like to ask my guests where they are from. So one day this 50ish man walks up and replies to my question by asking where I am from. I tell him I'm from California and Utah. He says, "So you're a hippie-Mormon!" I thought about it for a second, and said, "Yeah, I actually am!"
6) I also overhear many conversations that sometimes shouldn't be shared. For example, a group of 3 women come to visit me. One leaves to use the restroom. When she returns, she says, "Whoo, I feel ten pounds lighter!" Did I mention she was the bride-to-be of the group! haha
7) Today, a couple boys are talking while I process their tickets. I'll name them Bob and Joe for the sake of the story. Bob "We gotta go see Mickey and his wife." Joe- "Mickey and Minnie aren't married." Bob- "What? Well that's his girl, ain't it?" "Yeah, but they live in different houses. They aren't married, Mickey has committment issues!" I had a good laugh at that.

Surprised "Katie" when roommates, Emily and Jackie, jump out in front of my window to snap a shot!
I feel as though I look like the dinosaur now!


2 comments:

  1. You're freakin' adorable and that's why I love you so much!!! I love hearing your stories every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I want to hear more stories!

    ReplyDelete