Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wild Africa Trek

We crossed two of these bridges!
Not only are there some perks to working for Disney, but there are many incentives to my job specifically as a Vacation Planner. One of the most recent things I was able to do was go on the new Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom. It is a three hour excursion where you hike through the Pangani Forest getting very close to many of the wild animals!



Then you get to walk over two huge suspended bridges that overlook the hippos and crocs! Despite my fear of heights, this was my favorite part. It is absolutely beautiful, I felt like I was in another country! Then we got to drive through the savanna stopping right next to all the different animals. We ate lunch in luxury overlooking the giraffes and elephants. Elephants are my favorite animals, and there was even a baby that couldn't quite figure out what to do with his trunk. Definitely a special experience and such a fun adventure with my co-workers!

The Giraffes kissed!

1 comment: