Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 12 Done

Tomorrow I get the day off after working 12 days in a row! I am so grateful for my day off. So what have I learned from it? That there is not one ounce of my body that screams work-aholic. I just don't have that  burning desire inside of me to go to work every single day. It seems as the days went on, my guests became more interesting. Like the family who needed "1st Visit" and "Birthday" buttons for their stuffed animals...and it wasn't a joke. Fluffy and Lulu are members of their family, and I graciously welcomed them all to the Animal Kingdom. Or the woman who blamed her husband for getting her pregnant...she is 5 months pregnant with a son that's 9 months. Then there's the person who walks up and asked, "So do you have to pay to go in the park?" I replied, "Yes! And you've come to the right place to do just that!" And then my favorite...the sweet Russian boy. He was about my age, by himself, and maybe even flirting a little. However it is hard to be sure when I only speak English and he speaks Russian. The transaction sounded more like cavemen conversing with a lot of awkward laughing, nodding, and a whole lot of smiling. After I gave him his tickets that I think/hope he was asking for, he smiles at me as he searches for the right words to say. I smile back as he gives me 2 thumbs up and says, "YOU.....GOOD....WOMAN?" I laughed so hard and said, "You good man."
This is how happy I am when I finish working.
So enough about working forever...I was able to squeeze in a couple fun night outings during the chaos and exhaustion. Katelyn and I went on a much needed date to Bahama Breeze. I ordered salmon and it was the best I had ever eaten. I was in heaven and went home very happy.
Date night!
I also conquered the Animal Kingdom. With the company of Emily, Travis, Roberto, Katie, and Jess, I have now done every attraction at the Animal Kingdom. We had a great time, and got completely soaked on Kali River Rapids. While riding the Wildlife Express Train, I got a special and embarrassing shout-out from my good friend David who was the conductor! Oh joy.
The gang after Kali Rapids
Emily and Travis. Being goofy with the fans turned into a photo shoot.
Thank you to all of the amazing friends I have made here, and all of my friends and family back home who keep in touch. I love you all and I am so blessed to be surrounded by all you wonderful people. Thank You for your love. I hope you feel my love I have for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment